Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Love You Every Weekend

Here are Mia's quotes from the month of August. Never a dull moment around here...

"Mom, the butterfly knows how to open the jar all by itself." (8/15/11)
(Trust me when I say that this is not something you ever want to hear coming out of your child's mouth. Substitute "butterfly" for anything else that flies, hops, crawls, etc. and you can imagine the fun I had trying to catch it and get it back in the jar. For your amusement, just picture me with a butterfly net trying to get it off of her chandelier and then once I had it caught against the window, spending several minutes trying to figure out how to transfer it to the jar without setting it free once again. She eventually 'fessed up to accidentally releasing the butterfly while trying to give it a "pillow"-- one of her baby doll's blankets.)

Mia asked Daddy if she could have a popsicle later:
Daddy: "Depends on how good you are tonight."
Mia: "Okay. I will be practically good!" (8/16/11)

Said to Logan: "You smell poopy!"
Said to me: "Can you check to see if his diaper is poopy?" {pause} "You just changed his diaper a couple of minutes ago."
Me: "That's usually how it works." (8/17/11)

While talking on the play phone:
"Hi, Daddy. We need you to come home. Logan has a yucky diaper. Okay? Bye!" (8/22/11)

Mia asked me what the word above the crib said and I told her "Logan."
Mia: "It says 'Mia' in my room. {pause} Why don't you have the words 'Mommy' and 'Daddy' above your bed?" (8/22/11)

Showing me the pretzel stick she was using to drum on a handful of  baby carrots: "I made a food instrument. Look! Look!" (8/29/11)

"Mom, there's something I want to tell you... I love you every weekend." (8/30/11)
Good to know. I wonder what I need to do for her to love me all the other days of the week (especially considering that it wasn't the weekend when she told me this)?

No comments:

Post a Comment