Wednesday, April 6, 2011

More Mommyisms

I've compiled another list of things I never thought I'd say, things that I seem to say ad nauseam now that I am a mom...And yes, most of these things are pointless to say; they just slip out of my mouth. I seem to say these thing more frequently as the kids get older, and unfortunately, most of them seem pretty negative. Apparently I have become a compilation of every mom I have ever known. It happens to the best of us, I guess.
  1. "How did this get here?"
  2. "Not in my house!"
  3. "I just cleaned that!"
  4. "What were you thinking?"
  5. "What happened?"
  6. "Don't put that in your mouth!"
  7. "Sit down!"
  8. "Drink your milk."
  9. "That's what you're wearing?"
  10. "Take your finger out of your nose."
  11. "NO bouncing on the furniture!"
  12. "Don't talk with your mouth full."
  13. "Did you flush the toilet?"
  14. "Did you wash your hands?"
  15. "Don't stand on that!"
  16. "Don't touch that!"
  17. "Put that back where you found it."
  18. "No throwing balls in the house!"
  19. "You need to share."
  20. "What did I just say?!"
  21. "Keep your hands and feet to yourself."
  22. "Next time, please ask first."
  23. "Give that back to your brother/sister."
  24. "Use your inside voice."
  25. "Do I need to call your father?"
  26. "Be careful!"
  27. "NO running in the house!"
  28. "Settle down."
  29. "Not right now..."
  30. "We'll see..."
  31. "Pick up your __________ (fill in the blank)."
  32. "Put your __________ (fill in the blank) away."
  33. "Don't pull the dog's tail/ears/fur."
  34. "Don't slam the door."
  35. "How many times do I have to tell you not to  __________ (fill in the blank)?"
  36. "NO biting/hitting/kicking! Biting/hitting/kicking hurts." 
  37. "Go somewhere else and do that."
  38. "Please be quiet." 
  39. "I'm sorry."
  40. "I love you." Fortunately, the last two mommyisms, along with a hug, can undo any potential damage from being grouchy and saying any of the above mommyisms. Kids are very forgiving.

1 comment:

  1. I think the only ones I don't say are #8 and #33, only because my kids pretty much only drink milk and we don't have a dog! But I definitely feel like a broken record sometimes!

    ReplyDelete